Saturday, April 6, 2013

Minecraft and God's Creation

          Today, I was doing my homework when I decided to take a break from so much studying. I decided to play Minecraft for a while, and I began laying the foundation for a cathedral in the middle of the city. I had the game set to "open" meaning that friends can join my world at any time. While I was working on the cathedral, some friends joined and started messing around. I was very upset because I had been working on it for quite some time and had not saved the game when they had come because I thought they were going to help me. Instead, they began placing random bricks everywhere and I had to restart from when I had last saved, which had been at least 30 minutes. I realized that this could be related to how God created the world and intends for us to be good stewards of his creation.
          God desires for all of us to join him in his heavenly kingdom, and the gates are open to all who believe in him and were good stewards of creation while on earth. Just like how in Minecraft I banned the people who messed up my world from joining again, if you do not believe in God and/or a bad steward, God will banish you from his heavenly kingdom (which is much worse). My friends later apologized to me and I accepted their apology and they came and aided me in building the cathedral , for which I was very grateful for. Likewise, God accepts sincere apologies if he sees a change in your life and you show that you truly desire God. God will welcome you with open arms, and you can once again be a good steward of creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment